We Need You!
In order to volunteer on the CGE campus or chaperone field trips you must FIRST register with Miami-Dade County Public Schools. CLEARANCE MUST BE RENEWED ANNUALLY.
Remember to plan ahead, it can take 48 hours to get clearance.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FIRST TIME:
1. Go to the Coconut Grove Elementary School main office and ask for both your parent ID and your child’s student ID numbers and 6-digit pin numbers. (This is to set up your Parent Portal account).
2. Go to MDCPS website (www.dadeschools.net), under the PARENTS tab, click on “create account” and fill out the forms.
3. Once you have created an account, follow instructions below.
HOW TO RENEW YOUR REGISTRATION:
If you registered last year, YOU WILL NEED TO RECONFIRM your registration (re-selecting your school and activities AND showing your ID in the main office) EVERY YEAR. It only takes a few minutes and you’ll need it to volunteer on campus during the school year.
- Log into your DadeSchools.net Parent Portal account.
- Click the “Apps|Services|Sites” link at the top of the page.
- Click “Be A School Volunteer” from the grid of links.
- Select “Coconut Grove Elementary” from the drop-down list of schools, check off as many Service Activites that interest you, then click “Submit”.
- Visit Coconut Grove Elementary’s main office, fill out the form and present your photo ID to complete the process. This may take 24 hours so please plan ahead!
Once you have been approved to become a volunteer, you can visit Sign up Genius to sign up for specific events.
Note: If you have any trouble registering (for example: a new last name or social security number), call the Office of Community Involvement at (305) 995-2995 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org