The PTA not only raises funds to benefit our children’s education, we also organize programs and support activities that bring CGE families together, celebrate our children’s accomplishments, help families in need and have fun! Detailed information is provided as each event approaches, and we welcome parents, guardians, family members to volunteer to help in whatever capacity they can.
- Social Events: Events that the PTA either hosts or supports include Cinema Under the Stars, Coffee Talk Socials, Kindergarten Orientation, Open House, Parent Mixer and Sporting Event Outings.
- Celebrating Accomplishments: Programs that promote accomplishments in areas of physical, artistic or academic ability include Field Day, Fifth Grade Celebration, Principal’s Ice Cream Socials, Art Contests, and Teacher & Staff Appreciation.
- Giving Back to Our Community: The PTA runs the annual Thanksgiving Food Drive and has an ongoing Thread Up Program that sells donated gently-used school uniforms.
- Having Fun: The PTA organizes fun events for the children that include Carnival and Spirit Week.
Love them or hate them, we can’t support the school without them! We try our best to conduct fundraisers that support Coconut Grove Elementary’s mission to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
The following are our core fundraising activities. Further details and ways to participate will be communicated throughout the year.
- Amazon Smile: Support CGE every time you shop on Amazon. Click on Amazon Smile in the menu on the left or go to smile.amazon.com to select Coconut Grove Elementary School PTA as your charitable organization. It’s the same Amazon you have always used, just when you use the Amazon Smile site they will donate 0.5% of the eligible purchase price to our school.
- Box Tops/Labels for Education: We collect box tops and labels throughout the year. Each box top is worth 10 cents for our school and labels are worth 10 points towards merchandise. Clip box tops/labels off your favorite products, tape them to the fun collection sheets or save them in a baggie labeled with your teacher’s name, have your child bring the sheet or baggie in to their classroom at the end of the month.
- Event Parking: This is our most successful fundraising activity! During key Coconut Grove events and festivals (Halloween, King Mango Strut, Arts Festival) we sell parking spots in our school field.
- Golden Tickets: Monthly Golden Ticket days allow children a free pass to skip the uniform and wear anything they want to Dress to Impress. Golden tickets cost $1 each and can be purchased singularly or in packs of ten. They can be purchased online in the PTA Store or at school from a PTA member.
- Grams: Halloween Boo Grams and Valentine Grams offer students opportunities to send other students and teachers a little bag of trinkets or treats with a sweet note. Each gram costs $1.
- Scholastic Book Fair: Keep the kids reading! We have two book fairs, in the fall and in the spring. We offer shopping times for each classroom as well as for parents. A great time to refresh your bookshelf and great for gifts. Teachers also submit classroom wish lists. All proceeds are used to purchase new books for our classrooms and media center.
- PTA Store: Here you can purchase PTA Memberships ($10 family, $5 individual) , Stingray t-shirts ($10), CGE uniform iron-on patches ($3), Golden Tickets ($1), magnet ($2) or you can make donations to any of our events or programs offered throughout the year.